Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mirror, Mirror

Hmmm.... I believe I've reached the stage in pregnancy where I no longer recognize myself. I find myself thinking on a daily basis, "Where did my cheekbones go?" and "Are those really my ankles?" And my personal favorite, "wait a minute, I totally did not have these batwings before I got pregnant...." (I am not explaining batwings). No my friends, these thoughts are not good for my self esteem.

There's someone I work with who apologizes to me everytime I run into her in the restroom. I'm totally not kidding. And it's only 10:30 this morning, and TWO people have already commented on how there is no way that I'll make it to my November 6th scheduled date. One even went as far as to ask "Are you sure they didn't make a mistake?" That one made me giggle, I must admit. Do I look that miserable? Honestly, I probably do. I gave up today and put on my glasses, after the computer screen I was trying to read was blurry from about 2 feet away. At one point when I had a more hip haircut, could fit into cuter clothing and was sporting my platform pumps, the glasses were uber chic and made me feel rather fashionable. Now, with my dowdy pregnancy pants, simple T-shirts (hey, whatever fits, right?) and ballet flats, they add a certain frump factor to my look.


Beyond the normal day to day swelling, horrors of weight gain and huge belly I'm sporting, I'm dying to cut my hair. I've let it grow a little longer in the hopes that I could avoid the unintentional rounding of my face, and so that I can pull it back or up in those first few weeks after Franklin arrives and look somewhat presentable.... but I'm dying for the long-bob that Anne Hathaway and Gwyneth have been sporting lately:







The only catch is, I've had this hairstyle before - and it looks waaay better if you are, well, as thin as Anne and Gwyneth. So, I've made a deal with myself. Once I reach a certain post-partum weight-loss goal, I will reward myself with a new 'do. I'm thinking this will help me in my quest:


We're almost to 34 weeks! Anyone wanna bet when Franklin will decide to make his appearance?

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful no matter how big you get. Will all be better soon. Hang in there. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wager 38 weeks 2 days! Oh and I'm sure you look soo adorable. Let's see a pic! Oh, and I know this sounds crazy, but there were be a few times in the first week after you have Franklin that you actually MISS your belly (as well as the convenience of when he was in it!).

    ReplyDelete