Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall

Today is the first day of Fall... I love Fall. I love the smell of fireplaces burning, brightly colored leaves, football games, pumpkins, and just a nip of a chill in the air when you walk into work each morning.








When Frank and I were in law school, we spent a weekend in Helen, Georgia during October. We made the drive over one Friday afternoon and managed to make it into Helen and pick a campsite before it got dark. There, we enjoyed a tasty meal of steak, potatoes, and red wine, topped off with a dessert of snickers. Hard to beat "car camping" when you do it in style like my husband and I do. Lucky for us, it was also Oktoberfest in Helen, and we spent the next day camped out in town eating German food, drinking big beers and listening to Polka music, all while enjoying the most unique people-watching experience I'd ever had. It was an absolutely fantastic weekend, and one I'll never forget. The leaves were beautiful, there was a nip in the air, and I almost didn't mind that it rained on our tiny tent the 2nd night we were there.

That was three years ago! It's hard to believe how fast time flies. The weekend before I found out I was expecting it snowed here... the beautiful white kind of snow, that dampens any sound except for the falling snowflakes. It was perfect. I feel a bit like I've experienced all four seasons now waiting for him to arrive... the anticipation and worry of winter turning into Spring, then Spring's realization that I was actually going to have a real baybee, followed by Summer's visible baby belly and seeing Franklin's sweet face via ultrasound for the first time. Now it's Fall, and he is set to arrive very shortly!

Although it may be awhile before Frank and I have an opportunity to head back to Helen by ourselves, I look forward to sharing our life with this bouncing baby boy in my belly that kicks me all night long. I have a feeling he'll love Fall too.

1 comment: