Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Update

This will be brief, I'm pretty tired... Today was my second "every two weeks" appointment with Dr. Straughn... At the last appointment, I was 28 weeks 2 days, and measured 28 1/2 weeks - she rounded up to 29. That was 2 weeks ago. This week, I measured 33 weeks - no rounding up. At 33 weeks, most babies weigh approximately 4 1/2 pounds. Meaning, that since babies gain approximately 1/2 a pound a week, Franklin will weigh at least 8 1/2 pounds at birth. More like 9. Thus, in the words of Allison McCreary, I'll be missing Frank's 15 year Rhodes College Reunion "to give birth to a toddler."

If Franklin were on schedule this week, he'd weigh about the same as four naval oranges. Hmm... wonder how they come up with this stuff?? Anyway, I'm counting the minutes until he arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! The upside is they feel less fragile when they are bigger. And boys. Kevin and I weren't as on edge holding them and carrying them around b/c they were more substantive :)

    ReplyDelete