Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Today is officially Monday... I was slated to bring dinner to an office mate of mine who just adopted a beautiful baby girl, but since I'm still under the weather I decided to pre-order a casserole for them instead of making something myself and spreading germs. Super Suppers here in town has a really neat pre-order program that's online, you just need to give them 2 days notice. Friday afternoon, I pre-ordered two fresh-made chicken pot-pies, one for my colleague, and one for a friend of Frank's from college who just welcomed his third baby as well. Since Super Suppers doesn't open until 10 AM, I just didn't hurry to get to work this morning, and swung by Super Suppers on my way in.
Well, it's been raining here for the last 100 years it seems. So I haul my pregnant self into the car loaded down with my bag (including a 32 oz gatorade), my laptop and bag, and baby gifts. Pick up the Super Suppers meal, and drop by Starbucks (because it was right there, of course, to get a double chocolaty chip frapuccino with a decaf shot of espresso) and then head in.
I make it into my parking deck, and load up to try and make the walk into my building. I throw on my bag, laptop bag, baby gifts, bags of rolls and 2 casseroles (because I can't leave the other in the car, and intended to keep it in the freezer until after work), along with my umbrella and Starbucks. I make it into the building without getting soaking wet, and head into the elevator feeling pretty good about my ability to juggle all of the items in my hand. The elevator reaches about the 10th floor, and I started to lose my balance... then, SPLAT! There goes one of the chicken pot pies, face down into the carpet of the elevator - completely ruined, totally unsalvageable. I make it to my floor, and hit the stop button on the elevator, thinking I can put my belongings in my office and clean up the mess I made. When I pull that button though, an alarm goes off and someone from the building is immediately asking whether the elevator is stuck. At that moment, I just give up - loaded down with the remaining casserole, gifts, bag of rolls, laptop, frappucino, etc. - I decide they can clean it up better than I can, and inform the nice lady at the front desk that I've spilled food in the elevator and someone will need to clean it up.
I keep telling myself that you can get away with stuff like that when you're 8 months pregnant and have your arms full. Today's definitely Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry! What a morning! I am catching on here...can't believe you're having contractions already. But that is great news that Franklin might not even have to stay in the NICU if he makes his debut early. Hope you get some rest!! ;)

    ReplyDelete