Sunday, June 28, 2009

My little trendsetter....

Franklin will be a well-dressed little man come November. I am pleased with the way the onesies turned out, although for some reason the pictures aren't quite appearing how I'd like for them to. Here's my step by step -

I used paper plates to mix the color - the blue that I bought was a little too blue for my taste, I wanted a little lighter color. The yellow was also a bit bright - so I cut both with white to make them softer.


Then I got started! I used a piece of cardboard that I cut to fit into the onesie better:


Then I slipped the onesie on, and put a piece of wax paper underneath to prevent paint from bleeding through.


I found a giraffe, owl, penguin, and chick at Michael's and used them all. I also found a bumble bee that worked out nicely. For some reason, these pictures are turned sideways - and no matter how hard I try, they won't turn the right way. But at least you get the general gist of what the finished product looks like.




I bought some side-snap shirts for right when he comes home from the hospital, and then went all the way through 12 months, with some longsleeved and some short sleeved depending on the month.



Now I'm on the hunt to find matching pants... I think I've located some at old navy and gap. I can't wait to see Franklin in these!

No comments:

Post a Comment