Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 4th was how long ago?

It's been awhile... June flew by and July has turned out to be even more hectic. To recap, we spent the 4th of July here:


In Orange Beach with Frank's family. It was nice to get away for a few days. Looks as though this will be our only vacation this year, trying to cram in as many billable hours before Franklin arrives is not conducive to taking time off work, unfortunately. Our time at the beach made both Frank and I long for an entire week off (which we haven't taken since before we married in 2007). Maybe soon.

The night before July 4th, we gathered with some of Frank's family for a fish-fry at the Long's beach house. Bill is Frank's 2nd cousin, and grew up in Canoe just down the road from me. He and his wife Norene now live in Knoxville. This is Norene:



Cook extraordinaire. Norene and Bill were the first two members (besides Frank's immediately family) of Frank's family that I met after we started dating. Frank's Dad and Bill are both avid fishermen (Frank too), and they caught all of the delicious fish we ate that night. Here are Frank Sr., Frank, and brother-in-law Parrish helping cook outside in the heat.


This is a snapper throat. Northerners, ever seen one of these? They are super delish.



We had a mighty tasty feast. Can you tell that I'm awful hungry these days? We thoroughly enjoyed our time away! Happy (belated) 4th of July!


1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a snapper neck, and I don't consider myself a northerner, so maybe I am--but it sure looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete