Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting Crafty....

After reading about all of the incredible things my friend Darby makes for her children, I am inspired to put my hands to work on something for Franklin before he arrives. If Franklin had been a girl, I have no doubt the sewing classes would've begun, but I'll save him (and his Dad) from all of that. Since I noticed these on Darby's blog:

I've been inspired to create some of my own. Darby gives a step by step tutorial here:

http://flythroughmywindow.blogspot.com/2009/02/stamp-it-out.html


I am super-excited to head to Michael's this weekend and pick out stamps and paint colors. The plan is to go and grab three-packs of onesies this weekend (in different sizes through the first year) and to get them all knocked out at once. At that point, all I'll have to do is find matching knit pants for the color paint that I use, and Franklin will have several "outfits" waiting on him when he arrives... outfits that are cute and won't matter if they get ruined. Is it just me, or are the white onesies just a little too plain? Maybe I am just being anal (as usual), but I'm thinking that some of these onesies need monogramming too. Just because Franklin will be a baby doesn't mean he can't have style. I also purchased this today:



How cute is that? I guess if I'm not going to sew, I can at least stamp and stitch. I'll be sure and document my progress in pictures. That's right, just call me Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment