Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Tips from Dell!



This is Dell. BellaSugar has even more tips from him on their blog today. Basically, for warm weather, focus on:

Melt-proof: For warmer weather, focus on melt-proof makeup. Ashley recommends Yves Saint Laurent Water-Resistant Eyeshadow ($28.50), particularly if you're spending a day at the beach and want to look great.

Bronzed body: If your face is looking darker than your body, even out your neck and décolleté with YSL's limited-edition Collector Sun Powder ($72). For a bargain, swirl E.L.F. Kabuki Body Brush ($8) into your regular bronzer for a similar effect. NOTE: I regularly use self-tanner on my body, but NEVER on my face and rarely on my neck. Bronzing powder works much better for that, as does using a darker foundation shade - I totally do not follow the "match your skintone" rules for foundation, IMHO it's a silly old-wives tale. YSL's bronzing powder was very highly rated by one of the magazines that I read regularly. Only I can't remember which one now. In the fall of 2005, I also purchased a limited edition "complexion" compact from Dell. It was fairly pricey at the time, around $50 if I recall correctly. I use it fairly regularly - as in STILL USE IT. It hardly looks like I've used it at all, so I consider it well-worth the money spent. Here's the latest edition:

Sometimes I use this instead of bronzing powder too, it gives you a nice summery glow.

Makeup's not a coverup: The best makeup doesn't cover up your flaws as much as it enhances your features. "You want someone to say you look beautiful, not the makeup," said Ashley.
No rules: "Throw all the rules out the window," said Ashley. "Wearing makeup and being beautiful in makeup is about feeling good about how you look."


Warms with cools: "Too much of a warm color or too much of a cool color can look a little bland," he advised. For a look with interest and depth, Ashley recommends wearing a warm eye with a cool lip. My two cents: I also follow this rule - using a warm gold/brown eyeshadow and a cooler pink/peach lip works for my skintone.


Visit http://www.bellasugar.com/3319159#read-more for more info.



No comments:

Post a Comment