Monday, June 8, 2009

Makeup Tips...

Several years ago, I was introduced to a fantastic makeup artist who worked for YSL at their counter here in my hometown. We became fast friends, and he was a HUGE help to me when I competed in Miss America-- as in, sent me to Atlantic City with thousands of dollars worth of free makeup and with "looks" for each competition, and taught me how to expertly apply them. I sent everyone I knew to him, and he made them look beautiful too. A few years ago, however, his expertise was noticed by YSL and he was promoted to a national sales artist. He comes back to my hometown every once in a while, but unfortunately it's been years since I've seen him. Imagine my surprise when this morning I checked a trusted beauty blog, only to find his beauty expertise is trusted by them as well! Congrats Dell, I knew I was trained by the best! Check out the story below:

http://www.bellasugar.com/3253047




And in case you're wondering, for the most part - I still wear YSL. I think their blush, shadow, powder and liners can't be beat - and I'm a fan of their lipstick/gloss too. And touche eclat is about the best thing under the sun. The only thing that I don't use is YSL foundation and mascara (which I posted about earlier), I use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and Dior Show Mascara. Right now, when it's too hot to load up a face full of foundation, I use YSL's Complexion Enhancer in #7:


It's lightweight enough that I don't feel like I have spackle on my face, but gives even coverage. When I win the lottery, I will happily toss aside my Armani foundation, and switch to:

YSL's Teint Majeur. Yes, Dell gave me the hookup on this too - and I had more than enough samples of this fantastic foundation to use while I was in AC. When I finished my samples and returned home to return the favor and purchase the foundation, the discovery that it was $99 a bottle made me re-think my decision. So when I make my fortune I'll switch back to this, but in the meantime I just can't quite stomach spending that much on makeup.
So, what's the bottom line? In my opinion, everyone needs expert help on how to look their best, particularly in the makeup department! And Dell certainly is the expert! (And no, the "consultants" at Sephora ARE NOT!)(although I love Sephora and they now carry YSL too).


No comments:

Post a Comment