Monday, January 25, 2010

Nom nom nom...

A few weeks ago during the national championship game, Frank and I ate one of the best tasting dips I've ever had. The ingredients included Conecuh sausage and lobster tails, and it was cooked on a Big Green Egg. YUM! I'm always on the hunt for good appetizers, and I wanted a version of that dip that I could make myself (sans lobster and Big Green Egg). Here's one we tried this past weekend that turned out really well:

HOT BAKED CHEESE AND CONECUH SAUSAGE DIP

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 package Original Conecuh Sausage, cut into small pieces
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 round unsliced loaf rye or sourdough bread

Preheat oven to 350°. In medium skillet, over medium high heat add the oil and saute sausage, onion and garlic until lightly browned. Beat together sour cream, cream cheese and Cheddar until smooth. Stir in the sausage mixture and artichokes. Cut a slice off the top of the bread and scoop out insides, leaving about a one-half inch shell. Pour cheese mixture into bread and wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until dip is heated through.

I liked this recipe because you cook it in the bread bowl, which makes serving and cleanup easier! Dad, I have a feeling you'll be all over this one.... Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment