Friday, January 8, 2010

Lost and Found

It's been an exciting week! Franklin is still battling a lingering cold, although it hasn't transitioned into a cough and he's not experienced any sleep loss or reduced appetite. I'm ready for him to be 100% though, I know it must be annoying to have trouble breathing through your nose and not be able to get it out!

In any event, this week we had a breakthrough - Franklin found a consonant! Babies begin to babble in vowels, and this week Franklin managed to put together a "goo" and a "coo" with his oohs and ahhs.... He does quite a bit of babbling all day long, and I'm sure he'll be quite the talker once he learns some actual words. He's getting stronger and stronger too, and improves his neck control and arm/ leg movements everyday. It's so fun to watch my little one reach these milestones!

And while Franklin found a consonant, I have begun to lose my hair... Yes, a normal part of the postpartum experience. But I'm sure Frank is not enjoying the clumps of hair in the shower drain that have only recently begun to appear. I've been on the lookout for this for awhile, and unfortunately it started this week. So let's hope that I come out on the other side of this postpartum adventure with a few lovely locks to style. And I'm aware that I haven't posted a "weight loss diary" in awhile, but I'm still working hard... I made it through the holidays without gaining any (a pretty big accomplishment I think!) and am only four pounds from where I was at my first appointment with Dr. Straughn. The weight hasn't fallen off nearly as fast as I'd hoped, but we're on a slow decline. It just may take me a little longer than I'd expected to return to my normal weight. I also decided to remind myself (something I'd forgotten) that the 10 pounds that I gained prior to getting pregnant was intentional and for a reason-- my BMI was too low pre-pregnancy and the weight gain was necessary to reach the recommended number of "20" to make our chances at conception easier. (See, all part of my NY Resolution to "give myself a break," right!?!)
Franklin is napping in his swing at the moment, but when he wakes up I'll post new pics! He's getting so big (and getting more hair!), I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment