Monday, January 4, 2010

The End... and the Beginning


2009 was a year of endings and new beginnings. Frank and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary and the end of our life together as newlyweds... then we celebrated the beginning of our life as a family. I mourned the end of a semi-svelte figure, and welcomed the beginning of a body nourishing my baby boy. Frank and I saw friends marry... and divorce. We welcomed at least eight babies to the world (two of which have yet to be born, however), and said goodbye to a few very special family members who will be missed in ways I could never express. It was the end of a decade in more ways than one.

I don't think I've ever been as excited to welcome a new decade and celebrate the start of a new year. I have a few resolutions that I'll share, and a few that I'll just keep to myself I think:


  1. I will to attend church regularly with Frank and Franklin, something we stopped when I found out I was pregnant and the swine flu scare was in full force. Both Frank and I were raised in the Church and it's something that we both will fully instill in Franklin.

  2. I will read more (books).

  3. I will spend less.

  4. I will get my financial house in order (as in meet with a financial planner, more fully establish my 401-K, start a 529 for Franklin, finish our will, get a safety deposit box and put our important papers in there, and start a strict savings/investing program).

  5. I will learn to cook a "signature" dish.

  6. I will get in shape, hopefully by running a 5K before my thirtieth birthday (at the end of May).

  7. I will give myself a break (this one will be hard).

  8. I will make sure Frank knows that he's an amazing husband every day, and will continue to work to make our marriage strong.

  9. I will be more patient (with myself and others).

  10. I will be "present" with Franklin... instead of thinking about laundry, the dirty kitchen, the floor that needs vacuuming or the brief that's due when spending time with him, I will remember that he is only little for a short while and that I need to make every moment with him count.

That should be enough to get me started. 2009 is a year that I will never forget, and I have no doubt 2010 will be as well. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment