Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My baby is THREE MONTHS OLD!

Oh my goodness, where did the time go??? Our little bundle of joy is growing up too fast, and is getting bigger every day. Franklin know definitely knows that Frank and I are his parents, and grins at us all the time! That gummy grin just makes my day. He's still such a good baby, we are so lucky and I've got my fingers crossed that future siblings follow his lead. He regularly sleeps from around 9 PM until 6:30 or 7 AM, and takes two good naps (and a couple catnaps) a day. Recently, Franklin found his thumb (much to Frank's dismay). On the baby monitor at night, we can hear him sucking on his hand and thumb when the pacifier falls out. Our little piglet sure is a noisy baby boy! He's grown out of many of his 0-3 month clothes, and I packed a lot away last week. Franklin still hates tummy time, but likes his activity mat and loves to bounce! I'm looking forward to putting him in his doorway jumper, and I have no doubt that he will LOVE it! Just a few more weeks and I think he'll be ready. Franklin still has amazing neck control, and grows stronger every day. He can sit with very little support and does the mini-push up like a champ. We're singing lots of songs in our house these days, and his favorite seems to be "Old McDonald." I think he likes the animal noises. He likes Gloria Estefan too... I need to find a few more songs to sing him I think.

He giggles at us when we act silly (which we do all the time to make him giggle because it's soooo cute) and loves his swing. Bathtime has also become one of my favorite times of the day due to Franklin's hambone thighs and the major splashes he's already creating in the bathtub. I have a feeling I'm going to get very, very wet when he gets a little stronger. He still makes sweet noises when he takes a bottle, and after he finishes the "kitty" noises appear before you burp him. And oh, those chubby cheeks!! Don't you just want to squeeze and kiss them?? (I do, about a hundred times a day!) He's also growing hair, finally, and at the moment it's standing on end... it kind of looks like he has constant static electricity, which makes him even cuter. He really seems to enjoy school, and is a pretty good boy according to his teachers. I can't wait until he can actually play with the other babies in his class, although it may be awhile! This little man is more than we could've ever hoped for and has made up for the horrid 9+ months it took to bring him into the world (ha!) Isn't he the cutest baby you've ever seen??


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! He's gotten so big! He's precious! I can't wait for him to meet his cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH!! So cute...I just want to munch on his cheeks! I can't believe he's 3 months old already! He is truly adorable!!

    ReplyDelete