Monday, August 3, 2009

Nursery Updates

We've finally made progress on the nursery. I'm pretty pleased so far, but we have a ways to go. I'm glad that we started this process early, fatigue has started to return this week and I'm feeling like I'll be headed towards an 8:30 PM bedtime anyday now. I suppose that I should've expected it, my first trimester was one long blur of sleepy days. Since this is the last week of my 2nd trimester I guess it was time.

In happier news, the artwork for Franklin's room is absolutely beautiful! I have a feeling these will become treasured family keepsakes (hopefully) that will hang in my grandchildren's rooms one day. They are being framed at the moment, and look great in the nursery. All nursery rhyme prints, the first is "Dish Ran Away With the Spoon":



Followed by "Cow Jumped Over the Moon:"


And we can't leave out Humpty Dumpty:


And my favorite, "Little Boy Blue:"



There's still more updating to do, but here's a peek at the nursery so far:




The changing table cover:


The name "Franklin" was a little long to put the whole thing on the wall, so I opted instead for a monogram. Frank sanded and painted the base coat on the letters, and I added the detail. I'm fairly pleased with the turnout - they are by no means professional looking, but I think they'll do.



Awhile back in the mail we received an ad from Huggies with a diaper enclosed (I suppose to give you an idea of what the diapers look/feel like). I was shocked when I opened the package and pulled out the diaper - it was so tiny!! It looks like the diapers I used to put on my cabbage patch kids - seriously. To give you an idea of the size, I placed it next to a super-cute bootie that our friends Jeff & Julianna gave Frank and I for our birthdays:




I can hardly believe that Franklin will be that tiny! (I can also hardly believe that he'll be here in about 13 weeks, but anyway). Last, but not least, Franklin's baby book arrived today. I was determined to find something that I loved, something that I could keep and that would stand the test of time. I found a personalized book that I adore, and in person it's even better than I'd hoped:




It covers the first five years, all the way through his first day of school! The pages are Beatrix Potter themed, and they are softly hued and very sweet. I can't wait to add in all of the special moments he'll experience! So yes, I am finally starting to relax as things are coming together.

In other news, the pain in my ribcage/back is still bothering me and Dr. Straughn said that sometimes her patients can develop inflammation in their ribcage during pregnancy. I've finished a 3-4 day motrin prescription to try and ease the inflammation, but it looks as though it's not going to help much. At least we tried! I shouldn't complain, I have been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy - but I certainly need to get a jump start on some of the laundry I have to do for the little man. Standing up ironing/ washing will only get harder from here! We've also scheduled our 3D/4D ultrasound for August 24th. It will be our first glimpse at what Franklin will really look like when he arrives, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment