Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Makin' Progress....

So the nursery has come together nicely... it's so cozy, and I'm really pleased with the way it all came together. Here's a close up of the bedding installed in the crib:





Here's a view from the door leading into the nursery. The rug was a steal at Ikea, and it's pretty plush. Seeing it the room made the entire debacle of Ikea Atlanta worth it. (Let's just keep it at 30,000 people + swine flu fears + 27 week pregnant lady + little air conditioning does NOT equal a happy experience).




The other side of the room. (Note that the artwork for the walls still isn't quite ready):



Closer view:


And the bed in the room. Because this will still be our guest room when we have visitors, I wanted the bed to be super-comfortable. I also anticipate that there could potentially be nights where I will be sleeping in the bed as well. SO, off I went to purchase a feather-topper to make the older mattress a little more plush. I wish I'd done it years ago, it lifted the bed to a better height (I prefer higher beds) and made it much more cozy.


And a view of my letter-painting expertise along with the crib bedding:


So there it is folks. All ready for our baby boy to arrive in around 10 weeks or so. I keep telling myself 10 weeks, because I'm not counting the week that he'll arrive. Since my last day of work is October 31st and Franklin will not arrive until the following Friday, I fully intend to do lots of sleeping, eating, resting, manicuring, pedicuring, etc. during the week leading up to his birth. Lets hope (for my sake) that works out.
Note that crib bedding was purchased from Javis Davis, www.javisdavis.com, and is beautiful in person! Extra plus - only took 2 1/2 weeks from order to delivery at my door. I was super-impressed.

In other extremely happy news, CONGRATS to my friends Marina and Luke on the birth of their daughter Olivia Grace this week. I hope to meet her in person very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment