Friday, August 21, 2009

When Pregnancy Cravings Strike...

As my work-day ended yesterday afternoon, my rush to get home was sped-up a bit by the looming thunder and dark clouds that hovered over downtown. I generally am not a fan of getting rained on, so I hurried out the door with the hope that I'd make it to my car and home before the downpour happened. No such luck. As soon as I hit the lobby of my building, the lightening began and thunder boomed, and the raindrops started falling. It wasn't too bad though, and I figured I'd make it home before things got really nasty.
Then I made it to the top of the mountain, and traffic slowed to a near-halt. It was raining pretty hard, with drops pelting my windshield and great flashes of lightening happening all around me. Just then, I remembered that I have to pass the Piggly Wiggly on my way home from work. At that moment, I realized that I had to have some fried chicken for dinner. There just wasn't any way around it.
So, I slowed as I passed by the Pig and tried to find a parking spot in front of the building, where I'd be spared a large portion of the ginormous raindrops that were falling at an alarming rate. Hmm... no spots available. One appeared at the corner of the entrance to the building, not quite as convenient - but doable. I parked in the spot, and sat there for a minute. Did I really need fried chicken for dinner enough to brave the rainstorm, thunder and lightening that was occurring outside my car? Thoughts of this began to swirl inside my head...





Man that fried chicken was good.

Most of the "how big is baby" pictures that I've posted have not been cute. This week, however, Franklin is a rather adorable (and yummy) butternut squash:



Mmm... if I lived in Atlanta a trip to Figo de Pasta would be in my very near future. We will see the first real glimpse of Franklin's features (and the first ultrasound in almost 10 weeks!) on Monday!!! Only two days until we see that sweet face. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment