Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday, Monday....

Remember this post from back in September 2009? Flash forward one year and eleven months almost to the day, and you have today. Last night I made my go-to "someone just had a baby" meal for one of the guys I work with (who is bringing his new son home from the hospital today), consisting of chicken pot pie, salad, and dessert. This time around, I am not sick and not swollen, and actually made the chicken pot pie myself instead of purchasing it from Super Suppers (which is now, sadly, closed). I pop in to work at my usual time (can you tell I'm proud of myself that I'm in week 35 and am working normal hours still? I'm very proud) carrying a lovely paper bag with the whole meal inside. I manage to make it all the way into the building this time without spilling anything, and prep the bag with co-worker's name and baking instructions on it. Bag is successfully placed into the office fridge to wait on him to take it home with him tonight.


I'm clearly feeling very proud of myself, and am remembering what a MESS I was while pregnant with Franklin, all clumsy, and unable to control my movements, and swollen up like a stuck pig/ staypuff marshmellow woman, etc., and am thinking how awesome I am at pregnancy the second time around. Go me.


2.5 seconds later I'd managed to spill an ENTIRE cup of coffee ALL. OVER. MY. DESK. Coffee has dripped all over settlement checks, paperwork, caselaw, loan files, my laptop, blackberry, and onto the floor below... I ran back to the kitchen to grab papertowels, etc. to control the mess, and while I am cleaning up the ick that is an entire cup of milky-way latte flavored coffee I manage to spill HALF A CAN OF MOUNTAIN DEW ONTO MY DESK AS WELL. So now I'm cleaning up milky way latte /mountain dew sticky ick from a pile of paperwork that REALLY didn't need to have milky way latte/ mountain dew sticky ick on it. Oh Monday, you are so totally NOT my favorite day.


Pregnancy FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment