Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Franklin and Crosby

A little update on both of my boys.... Franklin is quite the ladies man these days. On two mornings over the past week, he's met a little friend from school and held her hand all the way into their classroom. In other news, my child is a total ham. He gets funnier by the minute and Frank and I are thoroughly entertained. These days, when he isn't asking you for food (which is a lot of the time) he's alternating between giving you kisses (yes, with the actual kissing sound) and throwing a WWE-style elbow on you mid-bodyslam. He also enjoys heading face-first off of our upholstered ottoman and singing along with The Wiggles on Sprout. Favorite words include: Mine, Mama (!), Dada, Back, and Baad (often while pointing at one of the dogs). A new game he's currently playing: Hide my snack trap underneath everything from a pillow to mommy's shirt and hold my hands up while I make the sounds to "Where Did it Go?" (although he doesn't actually say, "Where did it go?"). And then say "There!" When he "finds" it. Like I said- total ham. Wonder who he gets that from.





In other news, Crosby is on-track and not hurting his mommy nearly as much as his older brother did. At my appointment yesterday, I was up a mere 2 pounds (right on track) and my BP is 118/80 - so still well within normal ranges. I also have not had hardly any swelling, and none compared to what it was with Franklin -- despite having accomplished quite a bit over the last weekend. While Frank was at the lake, Franklin and I hung out inside (mostly) to avoid the overwhelming heat, and only ventured out to head to Lowe's for a few items and Old Navy for fall clothes for my little man. I also washed the crib bedding, cradle bedding, swing cover, bouncy seat cover, car seat cover, some baby clothing, all of our own laundry and hand-stitched red ball-fringe to new navy panels that we put on the windows in Franklin's big boy room. Once Frank returned on Sunday, we hung drapes, re-assembled baby items, and worked on putting the nursery back together too. I felt productive for the first time in awhile. This weekend I've got another big list planned... Closet clean-outs, drawer liners, baby clothes washing, bottle sterilizing, etc. are all on the menu. Nesting, maybe? By this time with Franklin, I was already having serious swelling issues and had most of this done. I'm looking forward to feeling a tad more prepared for Crosby's arrival, although it's looking more like he may be a "term" baby instead of an early arrival like his brother. One similarity they both share -- measuring big. I'm still 2 weeks ahead, measuring in at 34 weeks. Reading back on my postings with Franklin, at 34 weeks I measured 39 weeks (YIKES). So not quite as big, but who knows where we'll be in 2 weeks time.


Promise that once a few more things are completed in Franklin's big boy room and in the nursery I'll post pics of the finished product (before and after-style). We're in the home stretch! 6 weeks (at the most!) and counting down....


No comments:

Post a Comment