Monday, July 11, 2011

Crosby Stats

For my husband, who has lamented that he no longer receives weekly updates comparing the size of our growing baby to a variety of fruits or vegetables:


Crosby now weighs approximately 2 1/2 pounds (although since I apparently "cook 'em early" he's probably closer to 3) and is 15 inches long, about the size of a butternut squash-









At my appointment this morning, we won't discuss weight gain. Let's just say it's better than last time but still not quite where I'd hoped. I'm crossing my fingers that I can keep the swelling under control for these last 8-10 weeks or so. My blood pressure, on the other hand, was the best it's been since I got pregnant -- 108/58, which is a great sign. I am measuring ahead (no surprise there) by about a week. I also have managed to avoid (somewhat) the preterm contractions that plagued the last pregnancy, although there's still time for those to kick in. I'm chalking the good BP numbers up to the awesome massage and pedicure I received on Saturday courtesy of Frank (for Mother's Day). I think another massage (at least) is definitely in order before Crosby makes his debut.



In other news, this is the final week that our house will be on the market before we take it off to prepare for our new arrival. I suppose things have a way of working out, given that there really aren't any houses that we love on the market right now that we'd be willing to move in to. So we'll re-start the whole "on the market" clock in January, when I return from maternity leave. So you buyers out there start saving your pennies now. Since the nursery will not be changing decor for Crosby, Franklin will be getting a new room (now our den). Which means decorating pictures!! I'm sure you're excited. We'll get to those towards the end of July.


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment