Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weight Loss Diaries - Week 1

My appointment with Dr. Straughn yesterday went well and I'm officially cleared to exercise more strenuously. I mustered up the courage to ask the nurse exactly how much weight I'd lost so far after she weighed me at the beginning of the appointment, and here are the stats:

Weight Lost: 49 pounds
Amt to Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 12 pounds
Total weight to lose: 20 pounds

I start my exercise program today and have cut a large amount of calories from my diet (but I do still eat three meals a day and sometimes have a snack). Most articles I've read note that for the typical postpartum women, it's "9 months up, 9 months down," but I don't have that luxury - I've spent way too much money on clothing for work in the past several years, and finally have a decent work wardrobe that I need to fit into-- in February. So, I'm officially doing a weekly weight loss journal here to keep myself accountable... hopefully we'll start to see results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment