Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Mommy Product Post

Just to share, there are a few products that have been a huge help to me as a new mom. In no particular order, the finalists are:


Psst Dry Shampoo - Volume Plus Color. This comes in both blonde and brunette, and in my opinion is better than other dry shampoos that don't have color. Those can end up leaving a chalky residue in your hair, while this dry shampoo actually hides grays in between coloring and doesn't end up chalky at the end of the day. Because, lets face it -- it's impossible with a newborn to wash your hair everyday. Buy it from www.drugstore.com.


Benefit "Hello Flawless" Powder Foundation. I typically do not recommend powder foundation for anyone over the age of 15, and honestly it's a stretch even then because it can look "cakey" - however, in a pinch this foundation works wonders. It covers evenly, is super fast to apply, and lasts a long time. I don't think it looks nearly as good as the foundation I typically wear, but for days at home with the baby and short runs to the grocery store, it works.


Revive Eye Renewal Cream. Tired eyes? Bags and wrinkles? This cream appears to help. No, I did not pay $110 dollars for this cream, but instead was totally hooked up by a girl at Saks awhile back (pre-pregnancy) with TONS of samples of Revive products. I stopped using the fancy non-organic cosmetics when Frank and I started the whole baby process, so I still have some left. Don't let anyone convince you that there isn't a difference between drugstore cosmetics and beauty counter blockbusters-- there totally is, and this eye cream is a winner.


Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Good for the diet? Nope. Good for the soul? Totally. In law school when Frank and I first started dating, I lived right down the street from a Super Target with a Starbucks. Frank would take a break from studying and bring me a Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Latte as a special treat since we didn't see much of each other during finals. I like to think they were his special way of "wooing" me, since flowers and candy haven't exactly been part of our relationship equation (well, maybe candy has, but I digress) - anyway, the caffeine does a body good, and the first full-caffeine drink from Starbucks postpartum was heaven.



So there they are folks. I also recommend a full stash of elastic hairbands and hand cream (since I now wash my hands and dishes/bottles about 150 times a day).




No comments:

Post a Comment