Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy One Month, Franklin!

This post is a tad late, but better late than never!

Dear Franklin,

This first month with you has been so exciting! Your dad and I have been so impressed with what a good baby you've been from the very beginning, and are so thankful to have you in our lives. I am constantly surprised at how fast you are growing, and how you seem to learn a new skill every day. You've given me several very special "mommy moments" in the past few weeks, like when you cry and cry when someone holds you, and as soon as I pick you up you stop! It's almost as if you seem to know who I am, and that (at least for now) I might be your favorite person. You smile often in your sleep, and I think I've caught you giggling a few times too. And just now, as I was typing this, you managed to give me the first gummy smile all for me - eyes open and obviously not gas!! Yippee! You love to eat, and you love your paci as well. We're still working on getting our sleep schedule just right, but most nights you let dad and I have a pretty good night's rest. In the past few days, you've started saving special toots for me when I change your diaper, particularly when I put the diaper rash cream on you... but even though you toot on me, I still love you anyway. Unfortunately, you inherited your father's toes-- and we had to take you to the ER while in Brewton for Thanksgiving to remedy the ingrown toenail that had somehow ended up infected despite my best efforts. You handled it like a champ, and had I not noticed the flaming red, super-sized big toe when I gave you a bath, we never would've known that anything was wrong! A little ointment and some Amoxicillan later, and you seem to be doing just fine. You also are reaching a few developmental milestones early (our little over-achiever), particularly the physical ones. You can already hold your head up at a 45 degree angle, and you push and kick with your legs all the time! I'm convinced you'll crawl early due to those strong Long legs! Bebe and Lola have decided that you can be a member of the family now, and Bebe will sit next to the swing and watch you to make sure you are ok. She also gets pretty upset when you cry, and makes sure that I take care of it quickly! Your eyes are still blue and you get more blonde hair each day, and I think you are an extra special miniature version of your dad. You have yet to find an attachment to a blanket or a toy, but I'm sure you will soon. You handled your first out of town trip like an old pro, and seemed to enjoy meeting all of your extended family. You slept in my Moby wrap during Thanksgiving dinner, and we all were allowed to eat in peace.

Franklin, you are such a blessing in our lives and we grow to love you more each day! Happy one month birthday little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment