Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Things to remember....

Here's a list of fun things I've noticed about my sweet little one during the first week at home with him:
  1. He can't suck on a bottle or paci and toot at the same time. Meaning that he'll pause for a sec, take care of business and go right back to sucking. I keep waiting for him to hike a leg.
  2. Baby sneezes are extra cute.
  3. Franklin sounds like a little piglet when he takes a pacifier. It's pretty funny.
  4. He's a great baby, but makes lots of sounds.... some of them sound like kittens.
  5. He likes to hold your hand and has remarkable dexterity for a newborn... he can grip the paci with the best of them.
  6. He's a good baby... he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night screaming for a bottle, but grunts and coos long enough for me to wake up, get my bearings, and grab him to nurse before he gets upset.
  7. I didn't realize how neat watching my husband interact with his son would be. There really isn't anything like it.
  8. He already seems to "know" who I am.
  9. I can survive on less sleep than I ever thought possible.
  10. I really am glad that I read all of those books, did the internet research, and talked with fellow moms before Franklin was born... I don't think you can ever be fully prepared to become a new mom, but I have certainly felt more equipped to handle the daily tasks of caring for a newborn.

Franklin went to the pediatrician for the first time last week, and was back up to 6 lbs 3 ounces and looked great. No bilirubin check necessary. I went to the doctor yesterday morning, and my blood pressure was so good that I can stop taking the medication I've been on since Franklin was born -- meaning that the dull headache I've had is now gone! 110/80 was the magic number, and I expect it will keep dropping from here. Today Franklin and I are taking our first walk outside, it's a beautiful day here and I intend to take advantage of a day without rain. Things are pretty great around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment