Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Little Man!

Our appointment with the pediatrician this morning went great! In just one short month, Franklin has grown two inches (he's now 21 inches long) and gained 2 pounds (up to 8 pounds 3 ounces!). Dr. Levin said he's doing great, and we go back in December for his two month appointment. It's hard to believe the time is flying by as fast as it is... it seems like just yesterday I was pacing the floor of the hospital room waiting to bring him home.

Of course, after I posted the blog on how Franklin was on a fantastic schedule, the last two nights he's been really fussy during the night and I haven't gotten much sleep. I was able to take an hour nap during the day today though, and a 16 oz coffee helped a bit too. We're still working the kinks out of the schedule, but even if he doesn't sleep all the way through the night (or in 4 hour stretches) it's at least nice to have a solid routine during the day. He seems to do better with it as well. I am also able to monitor his awake time better due to the schedule as well, and he seems to be able to stay awake a little longer as time goes by (we shoot for an hour after each meal except during the night).

And now, as I sit here watching Oprah listening to my ill-mannered dogs outside raising you know what at Lord knows what, I am thankful that my sweet baby boy doesn't mind background noise while he naps in his swing. Here's hoping my appointment Monday goes well too!

1 comment:

  1. Catherine--
    I can't believe he's already a month old! Crazy! I'm 31 weeks and feeling bigger than ever.. LOL Sounds like you have everything under control (or will soon). Send our love to everyone! Glad to hear everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete