Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dr. Update

Well, it appears my firm discussion with Franklin yesterday worked. At my appointment with Dr. Straughn yesterday afternoon, she declared that I am "trending" towards Pre-E, and asked that I come back on Monday so that they can check my blood pressure again. Apparently it's still not high, but because of the swelling in my hands and face, and the fact that it was 10 points higher than it was at the last appointment, she thought I should be monitored more closely. She also refused to officially schedule the C-Section for November 6th, because she doesn't think that I'll go that long! So, I'm supposed to watch myself over the weekend, and we'll see where we're at on Monday. Dr. Straughn also confirmed my desire for a section, and said that she thought it was actually a really good decision due to my blood pressure and swelling combined with the baby's size. Further, it was better to have pre-decided on a c-section versus an induction, which often leads to a c-section anyway. She said I should be pleased and at peace with my decision, so it definitely made me feel better. She also said that there really isn't anything that I can do to keep myself from getting pre-e, that it just happens and they don't know why.

So it's looking more and more like Franklin will be an October baby. I have been given instructions by Frank, however, that the baby is NOT to arrive the third weekend in October (the AL v. TN game), because he'd rather not fight birthday party schedules and going to the game every year for the rest of his life. Love, I'll do my best (and I think you're good, that's next Saturday and I still don't think he's quite ready to arrive just yet). I also would rather not have the baby on October 31st. My new prediction: He'll arrive sometime between the 19th and 24th. We'll know soon enough! (I keep telling myself "Less than 30 days... less than 30 days....")

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Just read your latest blog - how exciting!!! Please let us know if we can do anything for you and Frank during this time. We're looking forward to Baby Franklin's arrival!!!

    The Future Aunt Katherine and Uncle Parrish Webster

    ReplyDelete