Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bebe!



Today my first baby is six years old... SIX YEARS! Where did the time go? This sweet little sugar lump slept in my lap while I studied for law school exams, slept on a pillow next to me all night long (until I married) and was an awesome road-buddy during long car trips across the state. We had some good times, full of fast-food runs and french fry binges. She warmed to Frank quickly, especially when he learned she loved to chase a tennis ball bounced off the roof of his rental house.




I know she will come to love Franklin too. Eventually. Now she just tries to beat him into my lap when we hang out on the couch. It's ok, I understand. It's hard being the first-born, particularly when you still think you're the baby. Maybe I'll let her eat some table food tonight as a special treat, although we have to watch her weight in her old age. I would have bought Bebe a present but Frank's been a little tight with the purse these days. Oh well. Happy birthday anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment