Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh what a deal....

Like all other newly-married couples, once Frank and I moved into our home decorating has been a slow process. The main thing that we have struggled with is rugs - We bought one rug when we purchased our mattress from Macy's right when we moved in, and I found a steal at Pottery Barn for our bedroom ($80 for an 8 x 10 wool jute) a few months later. Fastforward a year and a half, and none of the other rooms had rugs in them! I decided to scour Ebay for a good rug deal, just to see what was out there. I knew that I wanted an antique, Persian if possible, to go in our living room. But I also knew, that with the LO on the way, there was no way that Frank would shell out the $1000 plus for a nice rug. So scour I did... for about two months. I lost a rug that I really liked along the way, but patiently waited for another to appear. One afternoon, I found one - A Persian Tabriz, 6'6 x 9'6 (perfect size for the living room), with the colors that matched the rest of the room's decor and that was sufficiently a semi-antique (1950s) with a nice KPSI ratio. Seller had a good rating, out of Memphis, TN. So that afternoon, I bought a rug! Check out the pic below -
It was a steal, I paid a whopping $103.50 for it. That said, I didn't mind paying the VERY LARGE $100 shipping fee (for a three hour drive from Memphis), particularly when the rug was purchased on Saturday and was in my living room by Monday afternoon. Seriously. It's in great shape, and looks fab with our other decor. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome, and I have to admit, Frank was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment