Thursday, April 16, 2009

Heartbeats and Strange Dreams....

So I've rented a fetal doppler from Baby Beats, and I'm fairly certain that I found the heartbeat last night - measuring 180 BPM. We'll see, I will probably wait until my first OB appointment on Monday to try to hear it again (hopefully they'll do that for me).

I read in Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs that she had strange dreams when she was pregnant, like one recurrent dream where she apparently delivered her child herself via c-section, played with him for a few hours, and then put him back in and sewed herself up. I kid you not. I had a very strange dream last night, where my LO arrived - and I was totally unprepared. I was walking around my house--holding the baby-- and realized that I had not purchased a cradle/bassinet, and the baby was too little to sleep it the crib, and that I didn't have a changing pad on top of the dresser we're using in the nursery, so I had to change the baby on the bed, and that while changing the baby's diaper I realized that I was wiping from back to front instead of front to back (and in saying that I'm realizing that I dreamed baby was a GIRL!) - and that I was generally panicked and distraught. In other words, I had my worst nightmare. It was extremely vivid, in color, and I even remember thinking during the dream, "Hmm... I think I'll try this whole breastfeeding thing now...."?? How odd is that. Anyway, I guess the dream could've been worse, but it was definitely strange. I hope future dreams are of a happier nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment