Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Go-To Beauty Product...

Is mascara! I feel like I'm naked without it. I've tried so many types of mascara that I have definitely found a favorite, and here it is:


Dior Diorshow Black is the best that I've tried, with all others very far behind. This mascara makes your lashes BOTH long and thick, and is a fantastic rich black color. Not far behind is another Dior mascara:



Dior Diorshow Blackout. I also really like this mascara, although after a few weeks of use it gets rather clumpy. This mascara has a extra thick black tar base, and thus doesn't last as long as the Dior Diorshow. When I want to be super-glam, this is my mascara of choice.


I have another favorite that I've been using for a long time, that I've used less recently - mainly because most stores stopped carrying the brand, and I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart unless it's absolutely necessary. It's:

Max Factor 2000 Calorie in Rich Black. I prefer the curved brush, but it seems as if it's increasingly hard to find. I've taken to buying a lot online these days, simply because it annoys the hell out of me to drive to a store looking for a specific product, only to get there and discover that they don't have the right color/type/brush style that I'm looking for. So I may check drugstore.com soon to see if they carry this mascara. It also works rather well, is about a third of the cost of the Dior mascara, but doesn't exactly give the "oomph" that the Dior gives.


And lastly, my favorite alternative-use mascara:


Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for brows! I've used Cover Girl's Clear Brow Gel for awhile now, but couldn't find it on my last run to CVS (grr!) - so I picked this up instead. And, to my surprise, it works better! It holds my brows in place all day long and sets the brow powder I use to make my brows look more natural. And at under $6 bucks, it's a steal and lasts for a long time. I have a feeling I'll be sporting it on my lashes at the beach this summer too, just to keep me from feeling naked, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment