Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 38

After today's appointment, I only have ONE doctor's appointment left before this baby arrives. Ever. Hallelujah. We've entered new ground in this pregnancy, as in "I have never been this pregnant before." I've reached full term stage, meaning Crosby is straight up freeloading from here on out. Oh, and measuring 43 weeks. You read that right - 43 weeks. My doc told me to take pictures of my belly today, because it's one of the largest bellies she's seen in awhile. This from a woman who sees patients who are pregnant with multiples. Essentially, it's like I am carrying twins. Not so much fun.


We discussed another ultrasound this morning, but it would only be to measure fluid. And unless I don't have ENOUGH fluid, there's nothing that she would do. So it was pointless, and I left after a very brief visit. Thankfully. My BP remains at a normal level (126/80) - up a tad but still fine. Friday is my last true workday in the office for this pregnancy, and then I'll be monitoring a case and working from home a few days next week.. .and then, lots of couch time and daytime TV. To say I'm looking forward to the extra rest would be an understatement.


11 days and counting...

1 comment: