Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Feeling Fall....

So I decided to take the summer "off" from blogging and just didn't tell anyone.  That's my story anyway.  Instagram and pinterest (@missal03) plus twitter accounts for myself and two organizations have kept my social media plate rather full. 

In the interim, I have two boys instead of a baby and a toddler.  It's amazing how quickly they have grown up.  For instance, check out my almost one year old:
From Crosby
From Crosby
These boys sure are fun....
From Crosby
So what have we been up to?  Trips to the beach, work, visits to the zoo, Steel City Pops and backyard pool sessions have filled our summer.  It's been a good one, and has passed way too quickly.  Most recently, I've jumped on board with the running "craze" sweeping my office and am running my first 5K at the end of September.  While I set a goal for myself to run a 5K by the time I turned 30, that didn't quite happen.  I will, however, run one before I turn 33.  As well as a 10K, and potentially a half marathon.  In the last month, I've gone from barely running in 30 second intervals, to running 2 miles.  A slow 2 miles, but running them.  I've joined Frank's gym too, and you can find me "workin on my fitness" most mornings doing Crossfit.  All this amounts to lots of sweating and extra laundry, but sadly no weight loss as of yet.  I'm still hoping that's to come.  In any event, I feel better, seem to feel less stressed, and am pleased that I am squeezing in a little "me" time during the week now.  More working moms should do that.

By request and without further ado, I'm now looking forward to Fall... My top 10 Fall faves are as follows:

1.            Color Blocking



                                    




**All from JCrew
2.              Tweed



**From Talbots


3.              The Cropped Pant
(as in Ankle, not Capri)

*From Madewell

4.               Leather





*From Piperlime

5.              Burgundy




**From Banana Republic

6.              The Chambray Shirt



*From Madewell

7.            The Frye Boot


**Frye Paige Riding Tall (Cognac) and Melissa Button (both from Piperlime)

8.          The Cape/Poncho


*From Shopstyle

9.           The Leopard Loafer
*Nine West Panto from Piperlime

10.         The Quilted Jacket/Vest


**Burberry Quilted Jacket and JCrew Vest

Also, nails:


Makeup:

Hair:

So there ya go!  Happy Labor Day, and here's to cooler weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment