Thursday, October 7, 2010

A little update...

Just a little update, because mommy is quite busy these days.... Our little one is growing into such a cute little boy! He is rapidly developing a rather funny personality, and we love love love spending time with him. We're currently at a total of 4 teeth, 2 top 2 bottom, with a few more seemingly on the horizon. Franklin had developed a rather odd style of crawling over the past month or so, but seems to have realized that it's easier to crawl on all 4's than in his adopted monkey-military man-esque style. Either way, we now hear the "slap, slap, slap!" of his little hands on our hardwood floors in the morning as he makes his way down the hall to see where Mom and Dad are hiding. On another note, Franklin is obsessed. and I mean OBSESSED with fruit. He will eat fruit before anything else. Cantaloupe and honeydew melon seem to be strong favorites, and bananas are right there with them. I really have yet to find a fruit he hasn't enjoyed, except for maybe avocado. He has a funny sense of humor, except that the funniest thing to him lately appears to be the word "no!" Trying to discipline my 11 month old and having him laugh at me has not been fun, I must admit. He's in a wierd in-between stage where discipline isn't really going to work, but where it's often necessary -- like when he bites me. And Frank. And kids at school. No, really. He really should not be biting people. I am hopeful that it's just a teething thing and that once we move past this stage he'll be over it. But he's also chosen to express himself that way a few times, like when I'm trying to have a conversation with an adult and he's annoyed that I'm not paying attention to him and bites my shoulder. Or like when a child tries to take a toy away from him or refuses to give him a toy he wants. Lets hope our sweet child hasn't adopted his parents' short fuse.

Frank and I enjoyed a much-needed vacation last week to Las Vegas while Franklin spent 5 whole days! away from us with Mimi and Papa. He had a fabulous time. I believe they were exhausted. We were very thankful to have a few days where we got to sleep in, stay out late, and eat whenever we wanted. It was amazing. I'll devote a full post to the trip when I have a moment to download the million photos I took off the camera. Until then, enjoy a few pics of the "nugget" (as Frank likes to call him)!






No comments:

Post a Comment