Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Baby is Five Months Old!


This little guy is too much fun! Five months ago today we welcomed him to the world, although I can't remember what life was like before he arrived. He's growing and learning more every day, and never ceases to make Frank and I laugh with his silly antics. Our coos and goos have turned into flat out yells. He's trying really really hard to have conversations with us, and gets super excited when it seems like we understand what he's saying (we really don't). He loves to be sung to, so I now spend the majority of my time with him singing song after song after song after song... in the car, in the glider, while he's in his swing. But what do you do when "Old McDonald" and "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" make your little boy giggle? You sing the song, right?

Franklin can sit with little assistance and stands up as long as you will let him. He adores the jumperoo and will spend nearly an hour in it at a time. He rocks back and forth on his belly during tummy time, and any day now I suspect he'll figure out that he can scoot himself across the floor with those strong legs of his. At the moment his hand never leaves his mouth. When I bathe him at night, I have to fight with him to get the soap off his little fingers before they go right back in the mouth. I suspect that's why we are currently fighting yet another cold, this time with a fever and a cough. However, he's doing much better and this illness didn't seem to take much out of him.

He's found a friend in the crinkly lion he received for Christmas, and still loves his blue blanket bear that goes with him to school every day. Perhaps we have a book lover on our hands as well, because he has yet to meet a story that he hasn't enjoyed. And just when I thought I couldn't love him more, now when I rock him to sleep at night he strokes my hands and holds onto my fingers, like "mommy don't put me down." There isn't anything in the world I'd trade for that. He does have hair, by the way, it's just so blonde that it doesn't show up in pictures and makes him look bald. Oh well. We are ready for Spring so Franklin can be outside! More pictures later! Happy Birthday little man!




1 comment:

  1. We wish you a very happy 5-month Birthday, little nephew! You're already sitting up, and trying to talk a lot, like your Aunt Sassy.

    Love,

    Aunt Katherine and Uncle Parrish

    ReplyDelete