Monday, December 21, 2009

Franklin is Two Months Old!

It's hard to believe that Franklin is two months old! Time really is flying, it seems like I blink and another day is winding down. We are still really enjoying getting to know our little man, and he becomes more interactive with each passing day-- for good or bad! Here are a few pictures -- look how much he's grown!












He is still a really good eater, and makes the cutest sounds while he takes his bottle. He started sleeping through the night this month, although he still isn't consistent and sometimes wakes up before I'd like for him to (as in 3:30-4:00AM). He's started staying awake longer in between feedings, which makes things interesting for me.... he definitely wants to be "entertained" while he's awake! He loves to stand up with Frank and I, and can do so with very little help! Those Vickers legs sure are strong for an 8 week old! He makes a funny little face, wiggles his arms back and forth - sticks that tongue out and goes to town. I definitely think he'll be scooting around before we know it. While he loves to work his legs, he's not a fan of the arm workout -- and makes a very frustrated whimpering cry when I force him to try tummy time. It's pretty pitiful! Eventually, he gets tired and collapses on his stomach or on my chest after these marathon "standing" sessions, which makes me think he'll be like Frank as a child (according to his mom)--100% full on go go go then collapsing into sleep. Life with Franklin as a toddler should provide lots of blog ammo, that's for sure.


Franklin has starting doling out sweet smiles more often and makes lots of cooing, gurgling and growling sounds. The kitten noises typically appear when he's tired and they are still super cute. We have yet to find a favorite "toy" for him, although I expect that in the next month he'll start appreciating the rattles and sweet stuffed animals that he's been given. He attended his first adult Christmas party over the weekend, and was the perfect baby... he was awake looking around for a little while, and then slept in his moby wrap for the rest of the time we were there. It was nice to interact with adults I must admit, even if I had a baby strapped to my chest. He made his first visit to school this past week and everyone loved his sweet chubby cheeks! He enjoyed hanging out with his friend Paisley, and loved his teacher Ms. Adrienne. Apparently at one point when Paisley was upset, Franklin decided to join her and began crying himself! I'd like to think he was expressing empathy for Paisley. I think he'll really enjoy going to school, and getting to know the other babies will certainly be good for him. I handled leaving him pretty well too, although picking him up was the best part of my day. He got lots of extra kisses that afternoon!


To re-post for future reference, Franklin's two month stats are:

Weight: 10 lbs 13 oz

Height: 21 3/4 inches


We love each minute with you sweet boy, and can't wait to see what special surprises you have in store for us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment