Thursday, February 12, 2009

My two cents...

When Frank and I decided to begin TTC, I tried to become as "healthy" as possible, meaning that I gave up meat, dairy, and non-organic items from my diet. I also tried to find "pregnancy safe" products that were organic, but still worked well. A few things that I've tried that I really like:












Weleda's Almond Moisture Cream. Prior to TTC, I was an Olay junkie... I've been using Regenerist for about 3 years now, alternating with my trusty Retin-A, and stuck with Patricia Wexler's Eye Cream from Bath and Body Works as a daily staple. Although Weleda's Almond Cream doesn't have the fab anti-aging qualities that Regenerist does, it is 100% organic and safe for sensitive skin, and I feel good knowing that it is free of petroleum based products or other additives that could harm our (potential) little bean.










Belli makes great pre- and post pregnancy safe products... I've had serious issues with acne since I stopped birth control, and it's been difficult to find acne-fighting products that don't include salycic acid, which has not been tested for birth defects. Benzoyl Peroxide, in small amounts, has been tested, and came out ok... but it can be drying. Belli's products are great, have been tested, are pregnancy safe, and work.








And last, I read a review in this morning's paper about a new diaper cream, which I have not used - but because I love my Weleda cream that I already use, I thought it would be worth passing along to the moms and moms-to-be that read the blog:



Weleda makes a diaper cream! This got fab reviews in the paper, and doesn't contain any worrisome pestisides, petroleum products, or non-organic ingredients. Apparently it works very well, and doesn't burn or sting like other creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment