Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy 8 and 9 months, Franklin!

Silly, super-busy-at-work Mommy didn't complete a post wishing this little one a happy eight-month birthday, so I suppose since today he is NINE months old, I'll do them both! In the past few months, Franklin has grown a ton, started talking, eating real (sort-of) food, and feeding himself! His favorite word for the past month or so is "dadadadadadda... " over and over again. He can also say "no ninininooniii" when I try and make him eat a few more bites at dinner, and will call out "Haaeeyyyy" in the morning to wake you up while he's still in his crib.

Franklin is eating different foods nearly every day, and likes the turkey vegetable dinner, sweet potatoes, chicken and winter squash, and carrots the most. He's also a big, big fan of banana oatmeal, and I think would be satisfied with just eating that if it were up to him. Recently, he discovered the "puff." Yes, these bite-sized cheerio-resembling meltaway puffs are a huge hit with him at dinner... and he feeds them to himself! We introduced the sippy cup earlier this month, and he's figured out how it works -- at least when I hold it. Now if I could just get him to understand that in order for the water to come out of the cup he has to hold it upright we'd make huge progress.

The little boy in my baby is appearing right before my eyes... Franklin's new favorite game is to bang two toys together to see what kind of sound they make and how loud it will be. He is extremely fond of the washcloth in the bath at night, and swings it around and around getting everything (including me) soaking wet in the process. My child has an amazing sense of humor, as evidenced by the growling and throat clearing he throws around at-will, and I never seem to tire of hearing him laugh.









And in other news: "Houston, we have a tooth!" F III has cut a tooth on the bottom with a few more seemingly on the horizon. It's been a tough few weeks in our household, what with the teething/ cold/ cough/ refusal to sleep in longer than 45 minute stretches issues we've been fighting. Last night Franklin decided to give me a bit of a break, and I didn't have to get up with him in the middle of the night for the first time in about six weeks. Lets hope that's the beginning of a new "trend" he decides to continue.

Although he still isn't mobile, he's close... For awhile I thought that he didn't have any interest in crawling and probably wouldn't... and I still think that he really isn't all that interested. But he is definitely showing all the signs that he may go that route in the very near future. Once he realizes that he can move around by himself, I fear walking will come soon after. He already pulls himself up regularly, although Frank and I (and our hair, clothing, arms, hands, ears) seem to be the only "equipment" he likes to use to help himself stand.

And last, but not least, I'm sad to report that Franklin has decided that he likes his father. A lot. I'll admit that I have been his "favorite" person from the beginning, and that it was pretty apparent. Well, no more. I'm at least on equal footing at this point and it seems to be going downhill fast. In any event, I can rest assured that he appears to love the television more than either Frank or me anyway.

Little one, you are the best part of my day, and I would gladly get up with you several times a night if it meant that I'd get a sweet hug and kisses like I do now... We are having so much fun watching you grow, and can hardly believe that it's been nine whole months since you arrived! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment